The Carpentry Technology program provides carpentry students with a positive and professional experience. By using the most up-to-date equipment and the newest technology, program faculty strive to always run parallel with the present-day building industry. Students receive two years of excellent training that sufficiently prepares them for the residential and light commercial construction workforce.
A graduate of this program will be able to do the following:
- 写清楚, 简洁的, 易读的, and accurate technical reports and be skilled in oral communication related to the construction industry.
- Demonstrate the basic manipulative skills of the trade that are necessary
inlaying out work, planning, erecting, and framing.
- Interpret and prepare plans, 图纸, codes and specifications, 行, 符号, and abbreviations on working 图纸 or blueprints.
- Analyze specifications and contract 图纸 as well as make accurate quantity take-offs and labor estimations to develop an estimated construction cost for a building project.
- Demonstrate the ability to lay out and erect a platform or western frame structure.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and skill in masonry and in the concrete construction trade.
- Describe various types of materials and methods available to the construction trade.
- Describe business organization, 融资, 劳动关系, 销售, 定价, 客户服务, 管理, and other business principles.
- Describe the complexity of the building construction industry, the interrelationships of the various trades, and methods of communication and coordination among all trades and professions within the industry.
- Encourage the practice of staying current with any new technology or codes related to the building industry.
|工作 & 薪水前景||SOAR Articulation Agreement|